Terms and Conditions for Commercial Participation
Twin Parish Port...Delcambre Direct Seafood (DDS) Program
Participants in DDS must agree and adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Licensed active commercial fishers (including transients) that work out of the Port of Delcambre are eligible to participate. A fee of $250 will be assessed for the current calendar year. This fee will allow the fisher to be profiled in the DDS website. Website profile will be activated. Participant can also dock, unload and sell product across the designated public docks in Delcambre. Participant will receive a DDS license decal that must be displayed in a permanently fixed viewable position on the vessel. The decal is vessel and fisher specific and non-transferable. Fishers will be allowed to sell only those seafood products harvested by vessel registered in fisher profile.
- Licensed commercial fishers that operate within the coastal geographic region from Franklin westward to Intercoastal City are eligible to participate in the DDS program. These fishers can be profiled on the DDS website for a fee of $100 for the current calendar year. Payment of fee will allow activation of website profile. This fee does not include use of the Delcambre public docks for any purpose.
- Wholesale and retail seafood businesses that are located within the Twin Parish Port District geographic boundaries are eligible to participate. A fee of $100 will be assessed for the current calendar year. A participating business will be profiled on the DDS website. This fee does not include use of the Delcambre public docks for any purpose.
- All DDS Fishers and businesses are expected to follow all rules and regulations established by the DDS program. These regulations can be expected to evolve as the program develops further. All DDS rules and regulations will be approved and adopted by the Twin Parish Port Commission.
- All DDS Fishers and businesses are expected to abide by all LDWF, DHH and LDAF regulations with respect to seafood harvesting and handling. All scales must be certified.
- All DDS Fishers and businesses are expected to adhere to honest and ethical business practices and standards. Fraud, misrepresentation and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
- All DDS fishers using the Delcambre public docks must adhere to all posted regulations. Docks are expected to be kept clean and sanitary at all times.
- The Twin Parish Port Dock Master has authority to direct all fisher and vessel activities on the Delcambre public docks including the DDS program. The Delcambre police will be on call to assist the dock master with enforcement of regulations at all times.
- The DDS program exists only to generate seafood related commerce. All seafood transactions and interactions between DDS program participants and customers are considered private business matters.
- DDS fishers and businesses that do not adhere to these terms and conditions can be removed from the program. Removal will include loss of dock use and removal of profile from internet and forfeiture of all fees. DDS decal will also be removed by dock master. Removal can be temporary or permanent depending upon circumstances. Decisions on participant removal from program will be made by TPPC.
Signature of Participant Date